A couple of new studies have come out with some very interesting results concerning workers compensation statistics and Chiropractic care. On average, about 1 in 4 employees per quarter will experience back pain that could keep them out of work. Women, older workers, those working significant overtime and workers under certain psychological pressures will experience more back pain, leading to more time off work as well as lost productivity. The studies show that Chiropractic care is the best option for treating back pain and getting employees back to work.
Here are some statistics:
- More than a fourth of workers (25.7%) experience lower back pain quarterly.
- The median number of days of the first episode of any wage compensation was 8 days for workers who consulted chiropractors first, 10 days for those who consulted physicians and 25 days for those who initially saw a physiotherapist.
- Of the people who initially were treated by chiropractors, 15% ended up having a second episode of compensation for back pain while 16.2% of physician treatment seekers and 23.7% of physiotherapist treatment seekers had a second episode of compensation.
- When compared with medical doctors, chiropractors were associated with shorter durations of compensation and physiotherapists with longer durations.
- Physiotherapists were also associated with higher odds of a second episode of financial compensation.
These studies have shown that it is optimal to initially consult with a chiropractor for any back pain. Chiropractic care gives you the best chance of minimizing time out of work and avoiding follow up incidents. Both employers and employees would benefit from keeping these studies in mind when dealing with employees health, especially worker’s compensation.